Thursday 24 March 2011

Afternoon T

So I haven't exactly been in the best mood for blogging but I just wanted to show and tell about my Taste Tester Afternoon Tea I held on Sunday on my verandah. In an attempt to try something new to showcase for my friends, I tried the ice cream cone cupcakes by putting the cake batter into an ice cream cone and baking it using the cone as a patty paper... FAIL! I wish I'd taken a photo of the melted ice cream cones! It was awful. Three batches of cupcake mixture later, I realised that the recipe was way out in the butter measurements and the mixture rose heaps in the oven but then overflowed and flopped. I ended up just using a small cupcake and popping it into an ice cream cone.

I also attempted to make my Grandma's Pink Laminton Balls.. however, needed to let the red jelly set before dipping cake in it!
Overall, it looked pretty nice, but I had only eaten icing and cake mixture all day so I was on a mega sugar low by the time people arrived at 3pm.
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes - Success

Pink Lamington Balls

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes 


On another note I have ordered a stamp for stamping my paper bags and a sticker for my cake boxes. Parap Markets have given me the thumbs up to start selling but to be honest its seems like a lot of work. I'm aiming to make 4 varieties of cakes/biscuits and 24 of each. So thats approximately 100 items to make for a Saturday morning. Hence why I am looking into changing my stall to the Nightcliff Sunday morning market just so I have a whole day on Saturday to bake.. Thanks for reading!

My stamp - Self Designed

No comments:

Post a Comment